Stay connected

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Universal Comfy Co Mattress Protector Pad


Being a mom is wonderful. Yes you have a ton of clothes to wash, a ton of bottles to clean out and a lot of toys to put away. But have you ever thought about what could be on your babies mattress? You know they pee through diapers, they drool and I am positive that they get lot of boogers all over the sheets. I am guessing that most of that soaks through the sheets and onto the mattress which down the road, could cause mold. Those sheets won't protect that mattress from bed bugs or anything else for that matter. But don't worry, there is something you could use to make your babies mattress live a lot longer.

The Universal Comfy Co Protector Pad is 100 percent waterproof and a safe material for your baby. It is soft, quilted and padded, plus it is breathable. These protector pads are thick, but not too thick to were it is uncomfortable for baby to sleep on. It doesn't contain chemicals so don't fret about it giving off a terrible smell. The best part, it isn't noisy. It is soft, but when you wash it, it becomes even softer! It probably would be best to wash it first then place it onto the mattress.

It fits very snug and will prevent bed bugs or any other type of bug from crawling underneath and in between the sheets and the mattress itself.

My personal experience:
When I opened the package, I was certain that it was going to be a plastic, see through sheet or made from some type of materials packed with a ton of chemicals. To my surprise, it was just a nice white cloth sheet with mesh that fits snug around the corners of the mattress. It was really soft and nicely padded. When I first laid it on top of the mattress, I was hoping that it wouldn't bunch up too much because it could be harmful. It laid very flat and was very tight around the corners of the mattress. 
Here is a picture of the protector pad on the mattress. Very snug fitting!
Second, I had my 2 year old boy lay down on it and play for a little bit to see how much noise the material would make when rubbed up against the mattress.  To my surprise, it didn't make more noise then a regular sheet would make. Nobody wants a noisy, obnoxious protector pad!

After this, I laid my youngest down for his nap. He usually sleeps for about 3-4 hours. He woke up 20 minutes later. I wasn't sure if it was the protector pad or not. The sheet is fairly soft, but I would wash it first. I placed a regular crib sheet on top of the protector pad and laid my son back down. He slept much longer.  I don't want to say this is a bad thing because it is brand new and needs to be broke in and washed. 
Here is a picture of what the protector pad looks like up close
Lastly, after my son woke up, I noticed a little wet spot. Was it pee, was it drool? I have no clue but it was wet. I checked under the sheet and looked at the protector pad. It leaked through the regular sheet and onto the protector pad. Luckily, the pad lives up to its description. It did not leak through the protector pad! Saved by the pad!

Here is a picture of what underneath looks like. You will see where I am coming from when I mention that I thought it would be noisy.
All in all, it is a great product. I really like it thus far. 

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. 





No comments:

Post a Comment